Saturday, April 12, 2014

Back in Business

Home bittersweet home.
School's out for summer and I am home at last. My insane and amazing freshman year is done, and I am back in Salt Lake until I head off for a new adventure in Colorado next month.
They say that home is where the heart is, but I felt even more sad leaving Rexburg than I did when I left home in September. I never expected to meet such perfect friends and people I never wanted to say goodbye to. I'm kind of sad I didn't have time to blog while I was there, because it really was the best year of my life. Here are my top ten favorite highlights from my freshman year at BYU-Idaho :)

10. Montana road trip.
Our second weekend of school, we got invited to go to Montana with three guys we didn't really know. Looking back now, I'm surprised we accepted this slightly sketchy invitation. But I am SO happy we went. Our friend Trevor had a huge house for us to stay at, complete with horses for us to ride. I still didn't even know these girls well at all (my roommates) at the time, but it really brought us close and we had a blast. I'll never forget my first college road trip!





9. Music and birthday video madness.
Between my friends and I, three wonderful videos were made in memory of how great this year was. You can watch them here:
A Girl Worth Fighting For (FHE group): photo.php
Better Than Words: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X5KKzIvwVU
Happy Birthday Demi Jo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc8B1TbVlnI



8. Galentine's Day.

Let's be honest, Valentine's Day can be a little depressing. This year I can't say I was looking forward to it. However, my roommates and best friends made it into something so much better than any boy ever could! We had a celebratory photo shoot and my cute "galentine" Emma and I had our own little date. Who needs guys when you've got girls like these to keep you company?




7. Onesie Wednesday.
Every Wednesday at Sammy's restaurant, there is "Onesie Wednesday" which is fairly self explanatory. This entails anyone wearing a onesie to a $1 grilled cheese, french fries, and milkshake. Poor college student gold right there! It was so much fun and so delicious. It was the highlight of my week every week we went!













6. Roommate Christmas.

Let's just say that roommate Christmas gave my normal family Christmas a run for its money. We all got each other gifts, put them under our super cute (and real) tree, and opened them together in our pajamas before we went home for the break. Having the cutest roommates and friends in the world made my Christmas that much more special, and I can't ever forget how great that season was.






5. My Carriage 301 famiy.
Some of the best people you'll ever meet are the girls in Carriage House 301. By some twist of fate, I became best friends with these girls, and I am forever grateful for their friendship. Jess (on the right) and Chloe (left) are beautiful inside and out and I truly hope we stay friends forever and ever and ever. 301 was my second home this semester and I will miss it just about as much as my own apartment!












4. Partayyy!
I know how overrated college parties can be, but if I've learned anything from my experience, it's that parties will be as much fun as you make them. This picture was at Uprising: Silly String Fight (I'm in the front row but you can't really see) which was just one of them freaking awesome dance parties my friends and I went to. I don't care what anyone says, dance parties are a blast, and I probably had a little too much fun going crazy with my impressive moves ;)



3. Collegiate Dance Company.
Auditioning for the Collegiate Dance Company was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made. I was so blessed to be able to be a part of something so amazing. There is so much talent in the dance program and I got to work with some crazy awesome dancers. It was quite a ride, and I am so humbled that I was able to be a part of some beautiful performances and excellent classes.






2. Goldfish and ice cream tradition.
So here's the name of the game in apartment 1402. If you hold hands with a guy, you owe your roommates a giant carton of goldfish. (Flavor Blast, of course.) If you kiss a guy, you owe the apartment a carton of ice cream. After the contents were gone, we put the cartons on display on top of our cupboards in the kitchen and wrote the males' names on the cartons in Sharpie. In total, there were ten cartons of goldfish and eight cartons of ice cream. I won't say whose is whose, but let's just say we had a lot of fun with this little tradition :)







1. My roommates by chance, but best friends by choice.

It's going to sound pretty cliché but words cannot describe how grateful I am for my beautiful roommates. I could go on and on about how much I've learned from them, how much I look up to them, and how many fantastic memories we've shared. I know that I needed these girls in my life and I love them so much for the friends they were to me. 1402 best friends forever. I love these girls more than they could ever know and I can't thank them enough for how they have influenced me. They made this semester what it was. Thank you Emma, Demi, Leslie, Zoe, and Lachele for everything. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment